Followers

Friday 11 December 2009

2 Years

By the time of this installation I had damaged my hair with a final style named "cork screw" which left me with 2 bald patches at my temples and drastically reduced thickness. After a holiday in Brazil I had my date with Sisterlocks(TM)
6 Months later and I was getting used to being a locked Princess.

1 year passed so quickly and my hair began to thicken up. I started to colour but could not get that final shade.
Bingo! this is what I have been striving for. This colour was bought for me in Jamaica and this is the one for me. My hair is now 2 years locked.
Hair Story
I used to fight with my hair only to be beaten at the end
I spent an hour getting ready then another 2 trying to "fix it"
"it" would twist and coil and shrink back on itself when I was out
Betraying me
My hair never quite matched my outfits or my mood
"It" was something that had to be endured because I knew no better
Then came Sisterlocks(TM) and my life has changed forever
It has taken me years to get to know, love and cherish my hair
I can alter my styles easily from a daytime, studious work look to an evening sexy diva!
Gone are the days of wigs, weaves, braids, glue, frying and the list goes on
No more nasty surprises
I have a sense of freedom
I am now in full unison with my hair
Sometimes I catch people staring at me in the streets
Cos in England it is rude to stare
Then I realise it is a look of adoration
As they are truly loving my hair.
Until next time.
Kittylocks XX
Please do not copy anything from my blog without my express permission.

9 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 2 Years! Your locks look lovely and that color is fierce!

Thanks for sharing.

Take Care

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Congratulations Kitty! Your locs are beautiful and full! I`am looking forwards to your third year!

I see we locked up at the same time! We could have been loc buddies!

Maryee said...

Beautiful! Congrats!

Kittylocks said...

Thank you Brown Buttahfly, Maryee and Nubian Locked Princess. We are lock buddies, it will be nice to compare our progress.

Lady Butterfly said...

Gorgeous locks & COLOR! What did you use?

Kittylocks said...

Hi there Ladybutterfly thanks for the compliment. I used Clairol Textures and Tones in Flaming Desire (8RO)It is very difficult to get it over here in the Uk but friends and family bring it back for me when they go on holiday to the West Indies or US or I pay a large shipping fee to get it here.

Lalaboobaby said...

Beautiful. I'm looking forward to next summer when I can say I've been loc'd for 2 yrs.

anthia-ofo said...

congrats on being 2yrs sisterlocked. my locs will be 2 Jan 2010.

msfullroller said...

Happy 2 year Loc-a-versary!!! Looking gorgeous!