Followers

Thursday 29 September 2011

Sisterlocks (TM) Take Down?

Hi all what have I been doing in the time that I last wrote a post?.

I confess that I had a funny moment. 

A moment when I wanted to run a comb through my hair, feel my fingers truly running through my hair and scalp. 

Why and why now? I asked myself.  After 3 1/2 years of having beautiful, glorious Sisterlocks(TM.)

One of the reasons why I started locks in the first place was to run away from the comb.  I knew that cultivated locks are not care free and they still have to be looked after but no combing would be involved.

I used to have to beg and plead my Mum to do my hair because I could not manage it.  She would grudgingly give in muttering under her breath " I don't know why you put this false hair in your head" and she would conk the back of my hand if I put my hand in my hair before she had undone the latest hairstyle, braids, weave, kinky twists... 

On other occasions she enjoyed herself so much that my scalp would be sore afterwards.

This feeling was odd because I love the feel of my soft locks brushing my shoulders and back.

And yet still I watched blogs dedicated to loose, natural hair care.

I fantasised about what it would be like to have loose hair again and the styles that I could do.

I told myself that now that I know so much more about hair care I would never make the same mistakes as before.

I read blogs where women had taken down their locks and started again.

In the past I could never understand why after years of growing locks women would take them down only to start again or not.

Now I understood.

Note the past tense as this moment has gone as quickly as it came and before I could do anything (that I might regret) about it.

My Sisterlocks(TM) remain intact.

As I march onwards to my fourth year in December.

Happy reading Kittylocks x.

10 comments:

Ashanti said...

No! No ! No! I'm so glad you got over that funny moment you would surely regret getting rid of your lovely locks

anthia-ofo said...

Hahaha! This post was calculated to scare. I thought 'not another one!' Looking gorgeous, as always.

Rockin Robin said...

I love your hair! I understand that 'those moments' will come but your hair is so fab that I'm glad the thought passed. Peace and Blessings

Kittylocks said...

Thanks so much Ashanti, anthia-ofo and Rockin Robin I just dont know what got into me at all. Hope fully it wont return lol

Locksie C said...

So glad you recovered from your moment of madness!! Haa, haa....You have lovely locks please get rid of them thoughts for good...

Kittylocks said...

I hope so Locksie C thanks

The Woman Inside said...

I have those moments but now I just play in my daughter's hair to get over it. You scared me!!

msfullroller said...

I read the title and went "OH NOOOOO! Not another one!!!

Whew, I'm soo glad that it's not true. The next time that thought comes into your head, immediately, ASAP, find the Destiny's Child record...I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to and listen to it over and over and over again. lol

Your locs are looking fab Sis!

JUST Euphoria said...

I am having one of those funny moments as well, lately I have been stalking the internet for sisterlocks takedown, as well as trying to find old pics of me with my hair exposed, & all the uncertainties that come along with dealing with loose hair, but my ultimate goal is to have a healthy head of hair lock or unlocked

Kittylocks said...

Thanks Euphoria it has not entirely gone from me but I have promised myself that I will get to 6 years without touching a scissors.